This post may include affiliate links. We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
Being a work at home mom can be a great thing for so many reasons.
I mean, think about it.
Every day can be casual Friday if you want. Your sofa can replace a cubicle. And you get to make money without ever having to leave the house. (Perfect for us introverted moms. 🙂 )
Not to mention, you can be there for your kids when they get home from school (or when there’s no school).
Plus, if you’re running a business from home you can do work that you live while hopefully making a killer profit.
Only sometimes, you may feel absolutely zero motivation to get any work done.
You’re tired. Your kids are driving you nuts. The deadlines and the work are piling up almost as high as the dishes and the laundry.
I have totally been there.
And when that happens, what you need is something to inspire you to turn it all around.
That’s where productivity quotes can be a huge help. And whether productivity quotes are your favorite thing ever or not, sometimes you just really need to read a few.
And it just so happens that I’ve rounded up some of my favorite quotes to help you get your work at home mom mojo back.
How Productivity Quotes Can Help You Stop Procrastinating
If procrastination were a disease I would definitely be a terminal case.
I have a seriously bad habit of waiting until the last minute to do things. Or wasting time when I should be working.
If you’re the same way, then reading some productivity quotes can help you snap out of it.
They work because they can give you a different perspective. And sometimes, you just need to look at a situation differently to stop wasting time and do something.
Bottom line, a phrase or quote can be more powerful than you think. They’re perfect when you’re stuck in a rut or just wasting time.
In fact, they’re so good you might want to embroider one on a pillow or print it on a t-shirt. 🙂
At the very least, they can help you be more productive as a work at home mom.
33 Life-Changing Productivity Quotes for Work at Home Moms
1. “If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.” – Bruce Lee
This is one of those productivity quotes I hadn’t heard before but it became an instant favorite as soon as I read it.
And it’s so true. The more you think about a thing, the longer it takes you to start doing it. Wait long enough and it won’t happen.
So if you’re struggling to be productive, pick one small thing you can do to get the ball rolling. And then go do it.
Sometimes the first step can be the hardest. But taking it is essential if you’ve got the procrastination bug.
2. “What looks like multitasking is really switching back and forth between multiple tasks, which reduces productivity and increases mistakes by up to 50%.” – Susan Cain
3. “Until we can manage time, we can manage nothing else.” – Peter Drucker
4. “You can’t get much done in life if you only work on days when you feel good.” – Jerry West
5. “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” – Francis Of Assisi
6. “Someone’s sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago.” – Warren Buffett
So true, right?
Getting over the procrastination hurdle is so important. Once you can get around the mental roadblock, you can really kick your productivity into high gear.
7. “In a moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing to do, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.” – Theodore Roosevelt
8. “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Picasso
9. “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
10. “It’s fine to decide not to decide about something. You just need a decide-not-to-decide system to get it off your mind.” – David Allen
11. “Every day that I procrastinate, every day that I sit stagnant in fear, every day that I fail to better myself, someone else out there with the same goals and dreams as me is doing the exact opposite.” – Noel DeJesus
Have you ever had a killer idea for something, only to find out someone else has beaten you to the punch?
This is one of those productivity quotes that’s a reminder that if you don’t act on those great ideas you get, somebody else will.
12. “No matter how many personal productivity techniques you master, there will always be more to do than you can ever accomplish in the time you have available to you, no matter how much it is.” – Brian Tracy
13. “Reflect on what you do in a day. You may have never realized how some simple, harmless activities rob you of precious time.” – Vivek Naik
14. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”- Stephen King
15. “If we attend continually and promptly to the little that we can do, we shall ere long be surprised to find how little remains that we cannot do.” ― Samuel Butler
16. “You get to decide where your time goes. You can either spend it moving forward, or you can spend it putting out fires. You decide. And if you don’t decide, others will decide for you.” – Tony Morgan
I love this quote because it’s a reminder that we can ultimately control how we spend our time.
You can choose to be productive, or not. You can choose to move forward, or not.
Shouldn’t be a hard choice, right?
But a lot of the time, it is. We get so stuck in our heads that we tend to the things that don’t matter instead of focusing on the things that do.
So if you’re constantly putting out fires instead of being productive, stop and consider what you can do to change that.
Think about where your priorities lie. What’s most important? What would help you move forward with your goals?
If you can answer those questions, you can make an action plan to start getting ahead.
17. “When you waste a moment, you have killed it in a sense, squandering an irreplaceable opportunity. But when you use the moment properly, filling it with purpose and productivity, it lives on forever.” – Menachem Mendel Scheerson
18. “Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many days in the year as you make use of. One man gets only a week’s value out of a year while another man gets a full year’s value out of a week.” – Charles Richards
19. “While one person hesitates because he feels inferior, the other is busy making mistakes and becoming superior.” –Henry C. Link
20. “Build your own dreams or someone else will hire you to build theirs.” – Farrah Gray
21. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.’s mother
Now, before you jump in and tell me Mark Twain said this, I just want you to know the internet disagrees.
But regardless of who you chalk this gem up to, it’s an awesome productivity quote for those of us who need a push.
This is one of my favorite productivity quotes because it means there’s still time for all of us to do the things we want. If we’re willing to make time for them.
22. “Don’t confuse activity with productivity. Many people are simply busy being busy.” – Robin Sharma
23. “Procrastination is the fear of success. People procrastinate because they are afraid of the success that they know will result if they move ahead now. Because success is heavy and carries a responsibility with it, it is much easier to procrastinate and live on the ‘someday I’ll’ philosophy.” – Denis Waitley
24. “One always has time enough, if one will apply it well.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
25. “It’s how we spend our time here and now, that really matters. If you are fed up with the way you have come to interact with time, change it.” – Marcia Wieder
26. “Creativity isn’t about wild talent as much as it’s about productivity. To find new ideas that work, you need to try a lot that don’t. It’s a pure numbers game.” – Robert Sutton
Basically, throw things at the wall to see what sticks.
Because sometimes, that’s really what you have to do to be creative. Just keep trying things to see what works or what doesn’t.
Sometimes it’s a fail but then sometimes, you make progress. So then you try out the next thing and the next and before you know it, you’re right back in the productivity groove.
27. “Have regular hours for work and play; make each day both useful and pleasant, and prove that you understand the worth of time by employing it well.” – Louisa May Alcott
28. “Position yourself to succeed by doing the other things in your life that rejuvenate you. Exhaustion affects your quality and productivity.” – Jeff VanderMeer
29. “Productivity growth, however it occurs, has a disruptive side to it. In the short term, most things that contribute to productivity growth are very painful.” – Janet Yellen
30. “The really happy people are those who have broken the chains of procrastination, those who find satisfaction in doing the job at hand. They’re full of eagerness, zest, productivity. You can be, too.” – Norman Vincent Peale
31.”It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary
Here’s what this quote says to me: the biggest obstacle that’s getting in your way when you’re trying to be productive is you.
Because here’s the thing. When you want to succeed at something, you can end up sabotaging yourself without even realizing it.
It’s not a conscious decision a lot of the time. You’re afraid of failing or afraid of not failing so you freeze and nothing gets done.
To get over the mountain, you have to get out of that mindset. The sooner you do, the sooner you can stop wasting time.
32. “If we all did the things we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves.” – Thomas Edison
33. “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
Favorite Work at Home Productivity Tools
Do You Have Any Favorite Productivity Quotes for Motivation?
There are so many amazing productivity quotes out there, this list really could be a lot longer.
If you have a favorite quote that helps you stay motivated, head to the comments and tell me about it!
And please pin and share this post if it inspired you!